For most start-ups and small businesses the owner or manager takes care of all the usual HR functions, but as they grow, these responsibilities require more time & effort than the one person can provide.
Even if businesses don’t feel the need to have a full-time on-site worker (or perhaps can’t afford one) it is best to bring in a HR consultant – and quick!
It’s worthwhile knowing that a HR function can be helpful for much more than simply processing payroll or handling hiring. They play an essential role in developing a company’s strategy, as they can…
- mediate employee conflicts and restore positive working relationships through coaching;
- curb excessive spending by developing and recommending methods for trimming costs;
- determine the type of skills training and employee development necessary for improvement;
- ensure workplace activities/events and team building opportunities are occurring;
- understand what underlies employee dissatisfaction and address those issues to motivate employees;
- research and recommend employee benefit schemes/programs;
- identify employees with the promise and capabilities to transition into leadership roles with the company;
- ensure the workforce embraces the company’s philosophy and business principles.
All of which is incredibly important to corporate image and success!