Employers are more specific than ever about finding the right candidates who are the perfect match for their company.
In order to minimise the risk of bad hiring decisions, temp-to-perm arrangements provide the best opportunity for businesses to observe a candidate’s skills, performance and cultural fit before extending a permanent offer.
And, whilst it allows ample time to evaluate candidates in the actual working environment, it also allows the candidates to evaluate the job, the company, their team/colleagues and the opportunity ahead of them.
So, what are the advantages of hiring on a trial basis?
- It reduces the employer’s risk in the event a candidate is not the right fit.
- As there is less risk, employers usually move quickly, which means less downtime due to an open role.
- If organised through a staffing company, most businesses don’t incur costs until they hire full-time.
- Again, if organised through a staffing company, interviews, skills testing and reference checks will be conducted by them (saving you time).
- It’s also a lower risk for the temp hire; an individual can end the assignment quickly and without negative impact to their work history.
- Ending a temporary assignment results in no hard costs and can be done quickly.
If the time comes to bring a temporary employee on full-time, hiring them is a relatively simple process and the benefit is that they already feel part of the team!